Pesto Halibut Kabobs
- 2 1/4 pounds halibut cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons prepared basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- olive oil
- 6 12-inch bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before grilling, to prevent burning.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler.
- Place fish and bell pepper chunks in a shallow dish; drizzle with pesto and vinegar and toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes then alternately thread them onto each skewer; sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Place skewers on a grilling rack (if using outdoor grill) or on a jelly-roll pan (if using broiler) coated with a little olive oil.
- Grill/broil until kabobs reach desired degree of doneness, turning once.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of halibut. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pesto and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 237 Calories; 8g Fat; 37g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 57mg Cholesterol; 379mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!