Pasta with Summer Squash and Zucchini
- 14 ounces pasta sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Provolone cheese
- 12 ounces Linguine pasta cooked and drained
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook pasta according to package directions. In a medium saucepan, simmer pasta sauce until heated through; set aside and keep warm.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, yellow squash, onion and garlic; sauté until vegetables are tender-crisp then sprinkle with basil.
- Spoon sauce, cheeses and zucchini mixture over the hot pasta and toss to coat well.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad and some garlic bread sticks. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pasta sauce is gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 453 Calories; 15g Fat; 20g Protein; 60g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 26mg Cholesterol; 718mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 2 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!