Merlot Sippin’ Pork
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup merlot or use dry red wine
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless pork loin
- Combine all ingredients in a large slow cooker and give it a good stir to mix thoroughly.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Until pork is tender enough to pull apart with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with salt, pepper and a little ghee (or olive oil) until you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: per serving: 284 Calories; 12g Fat; 36g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 1503mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!