Maple Ginger Turkey Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 14-oz. can bamboo shoots chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the coconut oil. To the skillet, add the turkey. Cook for 5 minutes, until turkey is brown.
- To the turkey, add the remaining 8 ingredients (scallions through bamboo shoots) and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender and turkey is cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). NUTRITION: 243 Calories; 13g Fat (48.1% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 129mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!