Light Pasta Salad with Tuna
- 18 ounces tuna steak cooked (or equivalent drained, canned tuna)
- 24 ounces Rotini pasta OR Twists OR Spirals, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups green beans cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 9 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated lime peel
- 9 sprigs fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook tuna. Prepare salad and refrigerate overnight, if possible. Break tuna into small bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Cook pasta; drain and rinse with cold water. Blanch and drain green beans; set aside.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together next 8 ingredients (olive oil through dill) until well blended. In a large bowl, toss together tuna, pasta, green beans, bell pepper and onion; drizzle with dressing and toss well. Cover and refrigerate overnight, if possible, to allow flavors to blend.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve bowl of raw baby carrots on the side; add some sesame bread sticks. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu instead of tuna. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard, vinegar, and soy sauce are gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 687 Calories; 17g Fat; 37g Protein; 96g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 32mg Cholesterol; 534mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 18
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!