Lemon Garlic Chicken Breasts
- 4 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 dash dried tarragon
- 1 dash dried rosemary crushed
- 1 dash dried sage
- 1 dash dried thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- Place chicken breast halves in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until chicken is fork-tender.
NUTRITION per serving: 211 Calories; 2g Fat; 40g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 157mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky sautéed baby spinach and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar) is gluten free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!