Kickin’ Mint Burgers
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Serrano OR jalapeno pepper de-seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound 95% lean ground beef
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, chili pepper, mint, cumin, garlic and salt; add ground beef and blend well. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Grill patties for 14 to 18 minutes or until meat is done, turning once halfway through grilling time.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big bowl of broccoli slaw (use a ready-made mix and toss with low fat mayo and a little rice vinegar). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve grilled patties on lightly toasted whole wheat burger buns. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 164 Calories; 5g Fat; 25g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 61mg Cholesterol; 185mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 4 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!