Honey Asian Steaks
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 30 minutes, but no longer than 24 hours (see recipe).
- Place all ingredients in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 30 minutes (but no longer than 24 hours), turning occasionally. Preheat outdoor or indoor grill OR oven broiler.
- Remove steak from bag, discarding marinade and bag. Grill/broil steak until desired level of doneness is achieved; transfer to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 5 to 10 minutes to redistribute its juices.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain (diagonally) and serve.
NUTRITION per serving: 274 Calories; 8g Fat; 24g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 57mg Cholesterol; 1041mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7 SERVING SUGGESTION: Wild rice pilaf and stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and snow peas. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of beef (adjust marinating and cook times, as needed). KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!