Herbed Pork Chops with Veggies
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 3/4 cup frozen tiny pearl onions
- 1/2 cup baby carrots
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika; dust pork chops with mixture on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat; add pork chops and brown on both sides. Add wine (or juice/vinegar), water, rosemary, pearl onions and baby carrots.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 to 40 minutes (depending on thickness of chops), adding water if necessary, or until pork and vegetables are tender.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- To serve, place a pork chop on each dinner plate with veggies on the side and sauce over the top.
NUTRITION per serving: 252 Calories; 9g Fat; 40g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 83mg Cholesterol; 194mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 17 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 7 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts tossed with a little butter and a dash of ground nutmeg. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed baby red potatoes. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure wine (or juice/vinegar) is gluten free. Use gluten free flour.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!