Hawaiian Pork Kabobs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound boneless pork chops cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 15-oz. can pineapple chunks in juice drained, reserve juice
- 1 large red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into chunks
- 1 large yellow bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork cubes for 30 minutes (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before using, to prevent burning on the grill In a large bowl, whisk together half of the oil, the garlic, soy sauce, water, salt and pepper; add pork cubes and blend well to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. In another large bowl, place pineapple, bell pepper and onion chunks; drizzle with remaining oil then toss well to coat. Alternately thread pork cubes, pineapple and veggie chunks on skewers.
- Grill kabobs, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved pineapple juice, until pork is lightly browned and cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with wild rice pilaf and steamed broccoli spears. VEGETARIAN: Skip the pork and use eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini and cherry tomatoes instead. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 177 Calories; 6g Fat; 13g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 29mg Cholesterol; 310mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!