Grilled Island Pork Salad
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 3 cups chopped pineapple fresh or canned
- 1 1/2 cups chopped papaya OR mango
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler.
- Lightly coat the grill/broiler pan with olive oil. In a food processor or blender, combine first 10 ingredients (thyme through garlic); process until smooth.
- Slice pork lengthwise, cutting almost (but not quite) through to the other side. Open the halves flat and rub with 3 tablespoons of dressing, reserving the remaining dressing.
- Grill/broil pork for 10 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer registers 155 degrees when inserted in the thickest part.
- Remove pork from grill and allow it to rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into 1/4-inch slices; coat with remaining dressing. Divide salad greens, pineapple, papaya (or mango) and pork among the dinner plates; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve whole grain rolls and butter on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use a faux roast (such as Quorn) instead of pork tenderloin. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 242 Calories; 8g Fat; 25g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 105mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!