Grilled Beef Fajitas
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 6 10-inch whole wheat flour tortillas warmed
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup low fat sour cream
- cilantro chopped
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate beef and refrigerate beef overnight (see recipe). Pierce flank steak with a fork.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine lime juice, chili powder, cumin and garlic; gently shake to combine. Place beef in the bag; seal and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler. Remove meat from bag, discarding marinade and bag. Grill steak to desired level of doneness then transfer to a cutting board and allow it to sit for 10 minutes to redistribute its juices.
- Thinly slice beef across the grain (diagonally). Arrange beef slices down the center of each warmed tortilla; spread with 2 tablespoons of salsa and 2 tablespoons of sour cream then top with plenty of chopped cilantro.
- Fold and chow down! Serve with additional salsa and sour cream, if you like.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad. VEGETARIAN: Skip the beef and sauté together: 1 red bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper, 1 onion and 1 tomato with the seasonings listed in the recipe. Squirt the lime juice over the top before placing in the tortilla then garnish away! KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. Skip the sour cream. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa is gluten free. Use gluten free tortillas. NUTRITION: Per serving: 417 Calories; 14g Fat; 31g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 778mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 11
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!