Green Chili Jack Chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces*
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces diced green chilis
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1/2 cup 5% cream
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 ounces Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add garlic and chicken and sauté until lightly browned; remove from pan and set aside.
- To the same skillet over medium heat, add broth, chilies, mustard and cream; simmer until liquid is reduced and thickened, salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine sauce and chicken in a lightly greased METAL baking pan (DO NOT USE GLASS BAKEWARE FOR BROILING!); top with cheese and broil to melt cheese.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: Partially freeze chicken for ease in cutting.
NUTRITION per serving: 407 Calories; 13g Fat; 63g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 162mg Cholesterol; 611mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 8 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 10 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Use additional oil instead of butter. Skip cream, use additional broth whisked with 1 teaspoon of cornstarch. Omit cheese OR use your favorite soy cheese. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth, chilies, and mustard are gluten free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!