Greek Fish Fillets
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or use white grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 1 pound cod fillets or use another lean firm-fleshed fish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion has softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, olives, parsley and wine (or juice/vinegar); simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place fillets in the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish turns white.
NUTRITION per serving: 182 Calories; 5g Fat; 22g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 221mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 4 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini and yellow squash. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add whole wheat couscous. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomatoes, olives and wine (or juice/vinegar) are gluten free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!