Coconut Poached Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Season chicken with garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Coat a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid with a little olive oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and sear for 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Add coconut milk and lemon juice. Reduce skillet heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 296 Calories; 13g Fat; 40g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 162mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!