Cilantro Lime Steak Tacos
- 5 limes divided
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound flank steak trimmed
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce whole; washed and dried
- 3 cups lettuce chopped (use remaining Romaine)
- 2 tablespoons low fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2/3 cup salsa
- Prepare marinade: In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, place the juice of 3 limes, the chopped cilantro, onion and salt and pepper. Add flank steak, seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler to HIGH. Grill/broil steak for 4 to 6 minutes per side then transfer to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain (diagonally). Cut remaining limes in half and set aside. Fill Romaine lettuce leaves with steak strips, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and salsa then squeeze lime juice on top; roll up and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: If you like, use low carb tortillas instead of Romaine lettuce leaves (but remember to add those carbs into the equation) then make a green salad with the shredded lettuce. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve in warm corn tortillas instead of Romaine lettuce leaves; add buttered corn on the cob. KOSHER: Make sure steak is certified kosher. Skip the cheese or use soy cheese if desired. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 201 Calories; 7g Fat 21g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 43mg Cholesterol; 756mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!