Chili Rubbed Steak
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 5 hours (see recipe).
- In a small bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (garlic through cumin); rub mixture into steak then place it in a large zipper-topped plastic bag; drizzle with olive oil. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove steak from bag (discarding bag) and grill for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until desired level of doneness is achieved. Transfer steak to a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes to redistribute its juices.
- Thinly slice against the grain (diagonally); serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised kale and baked sweet potatoes (“bake” them in your slow cooker or on the grill to keep the kitchen cool). NUTRITION: per serving: 332 Calories; 20g Fat; 35g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 608mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 8
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!