Chicken and Mushroom Kabobs
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large sweet onion cut into wedges
- 1 cup small button mushrooms
- 1 large green bell pepper sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, toss all the ingredients (chicken through coconut aminos).
- On individual skewers, alternately thread chicken, onion and mushroom. Place skewers on the grill and cook for 10 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky stir-fried baby spinach (heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minutes. Gradually add 1 (10-ounce) package baby spinach; cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste). NUTRITION: 184 Calories; 8g Fat (38.9% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 108mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!