- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 pounds flank steak trimmed and cut into 6 pieces
- 2 large limes
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add flank steaks and brown well, about 3 minutes per side. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the steaks.
- Slice the other lime into 6 wedges and set aside. Continue to cook steaks until desired level of doneness is achieved.
- Serve over rice with a lime wedge next to each steak; sprinkle with cashews and chopped cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve steamed baby carrots and braised kale on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use large Portabella mushrooms instead of flank steak. KOSHER: Make sure steak is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION per serving: 640 Calories; 18g Fat; 40g Protein; 79g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 76mg Cholesterol; 120mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 17
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!