Carrot and Shrimp Slaw
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound shrimp shelled and deveined
- 1 large leek chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. To the skillet, add the shrimp, leek and salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Allow to cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss the remaining 5 ingredients (carrots through red wine vinegar). To the carrot mixture, add the shrimp mixture, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 270 Calories; 11g Fat (37.4% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 234mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!