- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds toasted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 10 green olives thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 halibut fillets 6-oz.
- Heat a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat; add slivered almonds and stir-fry until nicely browned; remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat; add onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, broth and olives; bring to a simmer then arrange fillets in the skillet. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- To serve, arrange fillets on dinner plates, spoon tomato and olive mixture on top and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed red potatoes and steamed baby carrots. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned tomatoes, chicken broth, and olives are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 257 Calories; 7g Fat; 38g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 54mg Cholesterol; 666mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!