Bombastic Bacon Beef Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 4 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook and chop bacon.
- Place all ingredients in a large slow cooker; give it a good stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
NUTRITION per serving: 474 Calories; 20g Fat; 49g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 102mg Cholesterol; 1313mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 11 SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little ghee (or olive oil), salt and pepper till you get a mashed potatoes texture).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!