Beef Taco Salad with Bell Pepper Salsa
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced radish
- 1 large bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the beef, onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, until brown. To the beef, add the next 4 ingredients (cumin through cilantro) and stir. Cook for 5 minutes, until beef is cooked through.
- In a large bowl, layer the lettuce, beef mixture, avocado and radish.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 5 ingredients (bell pepper through basil) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and pour over the salad. Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Complete meal all on its own! NUTRITION: 425 Calories; 32g Fat (66.1% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 94mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!