Asian Pork Veggies
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine or use red grape juice with a splash of cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 pound boneless pork chops cut into strips
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 4 cups trimmed and chopped bok choy
- 2 1/2 cups trimmed and halved snow peas
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork for 2 hours (see recipe). In a bowl, combine soy sauce, wine (or juice/vinegar), garlic, gingerroot and pork strips; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Drain pork strips, reserving marinade.
- Heat a skillet coated with a little olive oil over medium-high heat; add pork strips and cook until browned; remove from skillet and set aside.
- In a cup, combine cornstarch and water; set aside. Recoat skillet with a little olive oil; add onion, carrot and zucchini and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add cornstarch/water mixture and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Stir in bok choy, snow peas, bean sprouts and pork strips; heat through.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of pork chops. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and wine (or juice/vinegar) are gluten free. Use arrowroot starch instead of cornstarch. NUTRITION: per serving: 221 Calories; 6g Fat; 25g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 710mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!