Asian Pepper Steak
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak trimmed and sliced into thin strips
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into strips
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces stir-fry sauce
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- Season beef strips with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add bell peppers, onion, broccoli florets and water.
- Cook for 4 minutes or until tender-crisp; remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry beef strips, garlic and crushed red pepper flakes until beef is well-browned on the outside.
- Return vegetables to the skillet and add stir-fry sauce; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.
NUTRITION per serving: 265 Calories; 9g Fat; 30g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol; 1013mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 7 LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Use a gluten free stir-fry sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!