Asian Chicken and “Rice”
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1 1/2- x 1/4-inch strips*
- 2 medium carrots peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 2/3 cup chopped leftover veggies clean out your crisper!
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds optional
- Prepare “Cauli-Rice”: Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor till it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; season with a little salt and pepper then fluff with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat; add chicken strips, carrots, green onions red bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir for 4 minutes or until chicken is opaque and white.
- Add soy sauce, celery, leftover chopped veggies, white pepper and chopped cilantro; blend well. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve over Cauli-Rice and sprinkle with toasted almonds if desired.
*LEANNE’S NOTE: Partially frozen chicken is easier to cut. LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Add a green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 228 Calories; 5g Fat; 31g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 66mg Cholesterol; 445mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!