Almond Crusted Halibut
- 3 tablespoons ghee divided (or use olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 4 6-oz. halibut fillets or use another firm-fleshed white fish
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt 1 tablespoon ghee (or use olive oil).
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted ghee (or olive oil) and honey; spread mixture on fish fillets then cover with almonds, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the remaining ghee (or olive oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add fillets and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
NUTRITION per serving: 347 Calories; 19g Fat; 37g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 81mg Cholesterol; 1036mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9 SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and red bell peppers. Add a salad of mixed baby greens and sliced strawberries tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!