Turkey with Peach Vinegar Glaze
- 6 turkey breast cutlets 3/4-inch thick
- 3 teaspoons seasoned pepper (garlic pepper, lemon pepper or a pepper blend)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup peach jam
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh cilantro chopped, as garnish
- Rub turkey on both sides with seasoned pepper and salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook turkey till brown on one side; turn and add onion to pan. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about a minute. Add broth, jam and vinegar to pan; cover, lower heat and simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Serve turkey with pan sauce, garnished with chopped cilantro.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Brown rice, steamed asparagus and steamed baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: Use vegetable patties instead of turkey. GLUTEN FREE: N/A NUTRITION: 296 Calories; 12g Fat (36.4% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 40mg Cholesterol; 727mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!