Open Faced Beef Tacos
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound round steak cut in thin strips
- 5 1/4 cups salsa Verde your favorite jarred variety
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 corn tortillas heated
- 3 cups low fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 9 green onions sliced
- 3 cups lettuce thinly shredded
- sour cream optional
- Brown beef in a teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat in a 2-quart pot.
- Pour Salsa Verde and salt and pepper over beef cubes. Lower heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- On each plate, place one softened tortilla; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon green onion and 1/4 cup cheese and 1/6 of the meat mixture.
- Repeat above step (excluding the meat mixture) and top with 1/2 cup shredded lettuce. Garnish with sour cream, if desired.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with brown rice and a green salad. VEGETARIAN: Substitute beef for black beans. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure corn tortillas are gluten free. NUTRITION: 267 Calories; 9g Fat (29.1% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 24mg Cholesterol; 1373mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!