Layered Lasagna Casserole
- 1 15-oz. container low fat ricotta cheese
- 2 egg whites beaten
- 1 1/2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese shredded, divided
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 12 ounces rotini pasta cooked and drained
- 1 28-oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg whites, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; stir to mix well. In another bowl, combine hot cooked pasta and sauce.
- Layer half of pasta mixture in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Evenly layer with cheese mixture and remaining pasta mixture. Bake, covered, 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; top with remaining Mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with a big spinach salad and some whole grain rolls. A bowl of baby carrots for the table is nice, too. VEGETARIAN: N/A GLUTEN FREE: Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: 543 Calories; 19g Fat (31.4% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 67g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 61mg Cholesterol; 901mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!