- 8 lamb chops cubed
- 4 Roma tomatoes cut into thirds
- 1 cup green olives pitted
- 1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts drained
- bamboo skewers
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 shallot peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb cubes overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe). Presoak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Place lamb cubes in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. Prepare marinade: In a blender or food processor, place marinade ingredients; blend until smooth then pour mixture over lamb cubes. Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Alternately thread lamb cubes, tomatoes, olives and artichoke hearts onto prepared skewers; grill kabobs for 5 to 8 minutes per side or until cooked to desired level of doneness.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve kabobs over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add a salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion, avocado and cucumber, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 543 Calories; 42g Fat (70.8% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 105mg Cholesterol; 890mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!