Glazed Ham Steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ham steak cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black strap molasses
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté ham steak in the oil until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- To the skillet, add the remaining ingredients. Stir this mixture around to get up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Simmer sauce a minute or so, then pour over ham steaks and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked Hubbard squash and braised cabbage. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure brown sugar and molasses are gluten free. NUTRITION: 298 Calories; 14g Fat; 36g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 82mg Cholesterol; 2419mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!