Ginger Mustard Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Dust chicken lightly with flour.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet and sauté chicken over medium heat until brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Pour broth into skillet, increase heat and deglaze skillet by boiling and scraping up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add ginger and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in mustards and green onions; season with salt and pepper; spoon sauce over chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and Turnip Fries (peel turnips, slice into “fries”; toss with some olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425 degree oven, turning once. Season with salt and pepper and garlic powder). GLUTEN FREE: Change whole wheat flour to almond flour. NUTRITION: 300 Calories; 4g Fat; 57g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 139mg Cholesterol; 317mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 8 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!