Fiesta Turkey Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 8 turkey breast cutlets cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips
- 6 slices onion
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup salsa your favorite
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat; add turkey and cook for 3 minutes; add all three spices and salt and pepper; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the skillet; add bell pepper and onion and stir fry for about 3 minutes.
- Return turkey to the skillet; add corn and salsa; stir fry for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork); add a big green salad tossed with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. GLUTEN FREE: N/A NUTRITION: 347 Calories; 17g Total Fat; 36g Protein; 3g Dietary Fiber; 13g Carbohydrate; 100mg Cholesterol; 380mg Sodium. Food Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!