Crock Cooker Chunky Tomato Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery coarsely chopped
- 2 medium carrots coarsely chopped
- 2 28-oz. cans whole Italian-style tomatoes undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 14-oz. cans chicken broth or vegetable broth
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook garlic, celery and carrots in oil about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until carrots are crisp-tender. Place sautéed veggies in crock cooker.
- Add the tomatoes, breaking them up coarsely. Add remaining ingredients and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Serve with grilled cheese sandwiches, using whole grain bread and sharp low-fat cheddar cheese, for a great meal. And don’t forget the salad. VEGETARIAN: N/A GLUTEN FREE: N/A NUTRITION: 218 Calories (kcal); 7g Total Fat; (26% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 5g Fiber, 33g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 1053mg Sodium. Food Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); ½ Lean Meat; 2 ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!