- 2 medium oranges
- 4 salmon fillets 4 ounce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Preheat broiler.
- Peel oranges and slice crosswise into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Broil fillets 4 to 6 inches from heat source, allowing 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part. Remove fillets just before they are cooked through.
- Sprinkle with vinegar; arrange orange rounds on top of salmon and sprinkle with green onions and cracked black pepper. Broil for 1 minute longer.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: N/A NUTRITION: 166 Calories; 4g Fat; 23g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 77mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!