Cilantro Lime Salmon
- 4 wild caught salmon fillets 6 ounce
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 handful cilantro
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate salmon overnight or for at least 2 hours (see recipe).
- Place salmon in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a food processor, blend together next 4 ingredients (lime juice through onion powder); pour mixture over fish, saturating all sides. Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- At time of cooking, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove salmon from marinade, add to skillet and cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked acorn squash and steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 300 Calories; 16g Fat (48.7% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 88mg Cholesterol; 586mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!