Cherry Balsamic Pot Roast
- 2 to 3 pounds beef roast cut of your choice
- 1 cup frozen cherries (or fresh cherries pitted)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ghee melted
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place roast in a large slow cooker. In a food processor, blend together remaining ingredients (cherries through cayenne pepper); pour mixture over beef. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee or coconut oil, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 517 Calories; 38g Fat (69.2% calories from fat); 32g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 132mg Cholesterol; 592mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 4 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!