Wine Spiced Lamb
- 8 lamb chops
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate lamb chops overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place lamb chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. Prepare marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (wine through cayenne pepper).
- Pour mixture over lamb chops then seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Remove lamb chops from marinade and grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to desired level of doneness. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and steamed rutabaga mashed with a little coconut cream, salt, pepper and ground nutmeg. NUTRITION: per serving: 744 Calories; 61g Fat; 32g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 592mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 9 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 20
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!