Southwestern Style Pork Chops with Corn Salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 6-oz. boneless pork chops
- olive oil
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn cooked
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops for 30 minutes to 1 hour (see recipe). Cook corn and cool, if desired.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. In a small bowl, whisk together first 8 ingredients (olive oil through black pepper). Rub mixture evenly into pork chops then place them in a large zipper-topped plastic bag.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill pork chops over direct heat for 7 to 10 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Prepare corn salsa: In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients (corn through garlic). Toss well and serve over pork chops.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli Rice (follow Day 2 directions and toss with ground cumin, chili powder and chopped green onions to taste). Add a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add warm, buttered corn tortillas. KOSHER: Use boneless chicken thighs in place of pork and adjust cooking time if necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure tomato paste is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 282 Calories; 12g Fat; 32g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 593mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!