Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak trimmed and cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes chopped
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste optional
- In a slow cooker, place all ingredients except mushrooms, spinach, and tomato paste. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until beef strips are fork-tender and veggies are done. Stir in mushrooms and cook for 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Stir in spinach and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until just wilted. Stir in tomato paste to thicken slightly, if desired. Blend well then serve immediately.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add garlic bread sticks. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and tomato paste (if using) are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 399 Calories; 18g Fat; 44g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 87mg Cholesterol; 644mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!