Lamb with Mint Salsa
- 8 lamb chops
- 6 cloves garlic pressed, divided
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 15-oz. jar salsa verde
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced mint
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Season lamb chops evenly with 4 cloves of the garlic, the salt, pepper and onion powder; grill for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked to desired level of doneness.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients (salsa verde through mint) including remaining garlic; serve over grilled lamb chops.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of baby spinach leaves, julienned carrot and yellow bell pepper tossed in Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 649 Calories; 51g Fat; 32g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 141mg Cholesterol; 929mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 7 1/2 Fat. Points: 17
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!