Island Marinated Pork
- 4 6-oz. pork chops
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce more or less, depending on your heat tolerance
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork chops overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- Place pork chops in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. Prepare marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (coco-aminos through salt).
- Pour mixture over pork chops. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. At time of cooking, preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Remove pork chops from marinade and grill for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised shredded cabbage and “baked” sweet potatoes (“bake” them in a slow cooker to keep your kitchen cool). NUTRITION: per serving: 360 Calories; 20g Fat; 32g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 89mg Cholesterol; 748mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!