Greek Grilled Meatballs
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 plum tomatoes diced, Roma
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 egg
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- Preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. In a medium bowl, place first 9 ingredients (red onion through egg) stir then add ground beef.
- Using your very clean hands, blend thoroughly then form mixture into 1- to 2-inch meatballs. Grill meatballs* for 3 to 5 minutes on all sides or until cooked through.
- *LEANNE’S NOTE: If meatballs are not big enough to cook without falling through the grill, thread them onto skewers and serve as kabobs.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of mixed baby greens, grape tomatoes and sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 694 Calories; 51g Fat; 47g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 223mg Cholesterol; 652mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 6 Fat. Points: 18
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!