Crunchy Fish Lettuce Wraps
- 4 6-oz. halibut fillets or other firm-fleshed white fish
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium zucchini julienned
- 1 medium carrot peeled and julienned
- 8 radishes sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes (see recipe).
- Sprinkle fish fillets evenly with seasonings (salt through crushed red pepper flakes). Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear fillets for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until they flake easily when tested with a fork. Remove from skillet and chop.
- On a clean surface, spread the lettuce leaves then evenly fill them with chopped fish and veggies. Roll into wraps, serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Tomato, Onion and Cucumber Salad (sliced vine-ripened tomatoes, green onions and English cucumber, tossed with extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar). NUTRITION: per serving: 362 Calories; 19g Fat; 38g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 54mg Cholesterol; 580mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!