- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 4 halibut fillets or use another firm-fleshed, 6-oz.
- white fish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except halibut and ghee (or coconut oil); blend well then brush mixture over all sides of fillets.
- Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add halibut and sear for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Braised collard greens and Not-So-Dirty Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork then toss with chopped green onions and Cajun seasoning). NUTRITION: per serving: 257 Calories; 9g Fat; 36g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 565mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!