Watermelon Salsa Chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup chopped seedless watermelon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped mango
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Lightly oil grill grate. Rub garlic into chicken. Grill over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until juices run clear.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning! Meanwhile, prepare salsa. In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients (watermelon through cilantro) and toss well to combine.
- Top chicken with watermelon salsa and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Warmed black beans topped with a little sour cream and chopped green onions; add a big salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and adjust cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per serving: 206 Calories; 2g Fat; 40g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 425mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!