Turkey and Squash Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 4 medium cloves garlic minced
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 1 large summer squash chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers de-seeded, de-ribbed and chopped
- 2 14.5-oz. cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 14-oz. can coconut cream
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 3 cups browned ground turkey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Brown and drain ground turkey.
- In a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion, garlic, zucchini, squash and bell peppers; cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients (tomatoes through cumin), Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad of chopped Romaine lettuce, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 757 Calories; 57g Fat; 43g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 134mg Cholesterol; 484mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 8 1/2 Fat. Points: 21
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!