Tomato Lime Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves 6-oz.
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 green chili de-seeded and chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a food processor, combine remaining ingredients. Blend well then pour mixture over chicken.
- Seal the bag and gently massage to coat chicken evenly. Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours. At time of cooking, preheat outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discarding marinade and bag). Grill chicken for 5 to 7 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-Cauli Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, ground cumin, chili powder and chopped cilantro to taste). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: 284 Calories; 9g Fat; 41g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 591mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!