Tomato Basil Chicken Skewers
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast meat cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken for 1 hour (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Place chicken cubes in a shallow bowl. In a small bowl, combine next 5 ingredients (garlic through basil).
- Rub mixture into chicken then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat grill to MEDIUM and lightly oil grill grate.
- Thread marinated chicken cubes onto skewers and grill over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until juices run clear. Watch carefully to prevent burning! Enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Grilled eggplant and a salad of mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado, tossed with red wine vinaigrette. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add cheese bread sticks. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and tomato paste are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 202 Calories; 2g Fat; 40g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 99mg Cholesterol; 176mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!